Hank Lewis, Goodwin House Bailey’s Crossroads Resident
I reimagined aging because I never imagined:
- having the opportunity at GHBC to become a musician, learned to play the guitar and with my talented friends start the Jefferson Street String Band
- playing four string band country music concerts a year at GHBC
- playing with my band at an Irish pub in DC
- attending mountain music schools in Elkins WVA and Big Stone Gap, VA to learn more about the music genre and to learn complex flat picking Old-Time and bluegrass music.
- playing three sing along concerts a month at nursing home facilities including our own Skilled Nursing Floor
- directing the GHBC Spring Fling and working with so many talented residents and staff in music, drama, dance and poetry.